BOTOX & FILLERS
done by a doctor
... No More Lines, No More Wrinkles !!!
* How Does Botox Work?
Botox blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can't contract. That makes the wrinkles relax and soften.
Botox is most often used on forehead lines, crow's feet (lines around the eye), and frown lines. Wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity will not respond to Botox. It can also be used for lip lines and for the chin and corner of the mouth and neck.
* How Is a Botox Procedure Done?
Getting Botox takes only a few minutes and doesn't require anesthesia. Botox is injected with a fine needle into specific muscles with only minor discomfort. It generally takes three to seven days to take full effect
* How Long Does a Botox Injection Last?
The effects from Botox will last four to six months. As muscle action gradually returns, the lines and wrinkles begin to re-appear and need to be treated again. The lines and wrinkles often appear less severe with time because the muscles are being trained to relax.
* What Are the Side Effects of Botox?
Temporary bruising is the most common side effect of Botox. Headaches, which end in 24 to 48 hours, can happen, but this is rare. Don't rub the treated area for 12 hours after injection or lie down for four hours after the procedure.
* Who Should Not Receive Botox?
Facial Fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent.
The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity, and lifestyle.
Facial Fillers can be used to:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
* Facial Fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation
Other Facts About Fillers:
- Allergy testing not required
- Minimal discomfort
- Approximate procedure time – 30 minutes
- Results last up to 1 year
* When we were younger and our skin had abundant collagen, the only lines and wrinkles we had were dynamic.
* Our face was otherwise wrinkle-free when we weren't animated All dynamic wrinkles, with age, will eventually lead to static wrinkles as collagen is depleted and constant motion "cracks" the skin.
* Dynamic Wrinkles are caused by facial expressions and repetitive facial movements. Each time we use a facial muscle, a groove forms beneath the surface of the skin, which is why we see lines form with each facial expression.
* As skin ages and loses its elasticity, the skin stops springing back to its line-free state, and these grooves become permanently etched on the face as fine lines and wrinkles.
Injectable fillers are substances designed to:
- enhance volume,
- erase wrinkles,
- augment lips,
- induce collagen production and
- overall restore the youthful 3-dimensional contour of the face
To understand the various treatments of wrinkles, one must understand that there are different kinds of wrinkles, dynamic wrinkles and static wrinkles.
* Dynamic wrinkles are those wrinkles and lines that appear when your face is animated.
* Static wrinkles are those facial lines that are evident even when our face is at rest and is better treated with dermal fillers.
... injectable wrinkle reducers, dermal fillers can be used to treat both dynamic and static wrinkles.
Static wrinkles are wrinkles that are evident even when our face is at rest
* Sleeping positions are one of the main causes of static wrinkles.
* Resting your face on the pillow in the same way every night for years on end also leads to wrinkles. Called sleep lines, these wrinkles eventually become etched on the surface of the skin and no longer disappear when the head is not resting on the pillow.
* Women, who tend to sleep on their sides, are most likely to see these lines appear on their chin and cheeks.
* Men tend to notice these lines on the forehead since they usually sleep with the face pressed face down on the pillow.
* People who sleep on their backs do not develop these wrinkles since their skin does not lie crumpled against the pillow.
PS: Unlike Botox, dermal fillers can be used to treat both dynamic and static wrinkles.